Opportunity is knocking.
If you’re on top of your game, then we want to talk to you. We’re always looking for the brightest and best and we believe that AMGL is competitive in every way.
We offer paid vacation, holidays and group health and life insurance. In addition we offer a cafeteria plan, flexible spending account, retirement plan and we’ll even pay for your professional exam fees. See. We’re on top of our game too.
AMGL is a great place to work, and offers an environment for your personal and professional growth. Our current opportunities are listed below. Let’s sit down and talk.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Possible job duties of a Senior Accountant include entering of client bank statements into QuickBooks and performing monthly bank reconciliations, calculating payroll as well as preparation and filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns, bookkeeping assistance with local businesses, preparation of individual and business tax returns and preparation of financial statements of compilation and review engagements. Additionally, a Senior Accountant will be auditing entities of various industries including nonprofit organizations, nursing homes, schools, cities and villages, and small businesses. Possible duties as an external auditor include review of client receivables, inventory, other assets, liabilities, internal controls as well as payroll reconciliations and disbursements testing. As a Senior Accountant, they will be aware of and comply with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. The individual must know the basic accounting concepts. They should be able to recognize client problems and concerns, and assist in the preparation of financial statements, ensuring that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations. Additionally, the staff accountant will record transactions and reconcile bank accounts using QuickBooks. They will prepare payroll for clients, as well as preparing the related payroll forms and making deposits. They will assist in the audit testing of governmental, not-for-profit, and for-profit entities. Also, they will prepare individual and corporate tax returns.
This individual leads and manages multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients.
- Preparation and review of federal and state income taxes for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, estate/trust, and exempt organizations.
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Prepare internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
- Conduct research and provide guidance to staff on complex client business issues.
- Trains staff, reviews and evaluates their tax work.
- Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Conduct tax research in latest legislative and IRS pronouncements.
- Advise colleagues of current tax developments and software updates at monthly staff meetings.
- Master’s degree in taxation
- CPA Certification
- 3+ years prior experience in public accounting.
- Experience preparing individual, business, benefit fund, estate/trust and exempt organization tax returns.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, proficient in tax research.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.